Are you brave enough to join Picadeli’s journey in changing how the world perceives fast-food, and help realize our vision: “A world where fast-food is the opposite of junk food”. Are you reading machine learning articles whilst drinking your morning coffee and want to create the solutions needed to enable data driven decisions? Then you could be the new star we are looking for!
Picadeli Picadeli offers a high-tech salad bar concept where the customers mix their own delicious, healthy, and affordable salads. Picadeli launched the first salad bar in Sweden in 2009 with a wish to change eating habits by offering a whole new way of buying salads. Today, Picadeli is a fast-growing international company that has established more than 2000 point of salesacross Europe and US. Picadeli knows that having the winning concept today does not guarantee being the winner tomorrow and is therefore constantly reinventing and improving its solutions toward retail customers and consumers. Continuous and rapid innovation is truly at the heart of Picadeli. Read more at www.picadeli.com
The Technology team Picadeli is an expanding Foodtech company where software is at the core of the business. Our connected Salad bar and software suite is central to the success and help customers keep high quality, minimal waste and significantly reduce the number of hours needed to manage a top-notch Salad bar. The team consists of roughly 25 individuals with skills in hardware, software, production and aftermarket. You will partner with our Data Scientist in the Analytics and AI group and will be working closely with the software development team.
Your mission As a Data Scientist and ML Engineer at Picadeli you will be a significant contributor in making Picadeli into a data driven company that both automate decision making through things like auto-order and enable everyone to have the data needed for important decisions.
You will work on the full spectrum from creating the data infrastructure needed to run our Business Intelligence, contribute with analysis that impact our business strategy and operationalize traditional and ML algorithms to help our customers and internal operation become as efficient as possible.
A core project is the Auto-order project where Picadeli use ML algorithms to predict future sales and automate replenishment for our customers leading to higher availability and lower food waste. At Picadeli we believe that software, data driven decision making and algorithms is core to deliver a great customer offer and a sustainable competitive advantage.
What you will do
• Work with business stakeholders and the software team to identify areas where data driven insights create customer value
• Work together with the team to build end to end data engineering pipelines (data ingestion, transformation, and data modeling) from internal and external data sources
• Implement and optimize existing and new algorithms for forecasting, (machine learning or statistical models based on what works best), especially related to Picadeli’s auto-order system
• Be part of setting up and run ML Ops to ensure high reliability and accuracy of the deployed algorithms
• Perform research on new features, algorithms and other factors that can enhance performance of the predictions we make
• Contribute to the data model to ensure we can build the Business intelligence needed to drive the business in a data driven manner
• Contribute with expertise in analysis of different aspects of the business and help the business stakeholders interpret data in a correct way
• Be a significant contributor in making Picadeli into a data driven company that both automate decision making through things like auto-order and that enable everyone to have the data needed for important decisions
This role requires
We believe that you have a couple of years of Data science/ML background OR is a software developer with an interest in moving towards data science and machine learning.
• Programming competence, Python is essential, R experience is a plus
• A solid mathematics background
• Experience working with a variety of datasets and using data engineering best practices (e.g. CI/CD, testing, git)
• Experience from data warehouse/lake and cloud computing platforms (AWS) is a plus
• Experience from ML Ops is a plus
• A positive state of mind and willingness to explore the unbeaten path
What we offer you
As the Data Scientist & Machine Learning Engineer, you will join an expanding Tech team and work with a team of talented developers. You will work in an international environment with a technology stack that ranges from on-board software to web projects, data science and mobile apps. We offer you an opportunity to take on an exciting role in a business where you will always be challenged. We believe in empowering our employees, and in creating an environment where everyone can become the best version of themselves. We are, according to Great place to work, one of Sweden’s top 25 best companies to work for.
You are welcome to apply with a CV and cover letter using the ad at www.recruitpartner.se as soon as possible, but at the latest 2023-02-12. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our recruiter Martina Nordberg on +46 736 24 77 24.